This beauty showed up in the mail the other day. It’s the most wonderful time of the year, the time of year when the Christmas issue of Southern Living comes out. I love thumbing through pages over and over again, planning out what recipes I am going to try. I love checking out holiday decorating ideas and southern gifts. The one magazine I will never stop getting is Southern Living. It is my Southern cooking, Southern decorating, Southern style Bible.
My son and I had a little time while waiting in the doctor’s office yesterday so he and I made a list of all the recipes we want to try out this year. The list is pretty long:
- Peachy Pistachio Icebox Cookies
- Baked Brie Bites
- Peppercorn-Crusted Standing Rib Roast
- Cornmeal Popovers
- White Chocolate Cake
- Red Velvet Cheesecake-Vanilla Cake
- Coconut Cake with Rum Filling
- Sausage Stuffed Honey Buns
- Pecan Chewy Pie
- Raspberry Jam Thumbprints
- Eggnog Whoopie Pies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Linzer Cookies
- Red Velvet Crackle Sandwich Cookies
Obviously we are going to be busy this holiday season. We actually discussed how many different types of cookies we think we could bake in one day.
I have a feeling the holidays may last past January 1 with this list!